Congratulations to RSM’s 2015 Piano Guild Winners Scoring Superior Minus, Superior and Superior Plus Ratings
- National Winner and Founder’s Plaque Award (performed 10-12 memorized pieces): Kevin Chen
- District Winners (performed 4-6 memorized pieces): Amaya Collins, Nicholas Emig, Samaira Hammond, Emily Houk, Charlize Lee, Grace Lowden, Kallista Liu, Danielle Spence
- Local Winners (performed 2-3 memorized pieces): Sydney Barnes, Pranav Boreddy, Wesley Collins, Hunter Gmahl, Cameron Grissom, Nova Grissom, Victoria Han, Anna Kim, Shishir Nallar, Alecia Scott, Soraya Sharif, Sydney Smith, Matthew Yang
Piano Guild Details
RSM’s is an active member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers and a Sponsor-Member of the National Fraternity of Student Musicians (NFSM). We desire to have all our piano students qualify for NFSM Membership by participating in the National Piano Guild Auditions as follows:
1. Participation in Guild Auditions in the memorized classification.
2. Performance of 1 to 20 memorized pieces (and Musicianship Phases) for entry in the non- competitive Annual National Piano Playing Auditions (optional competition category).
3. Each student appears before the experienced Guild examiner at the appointed time. Since Guild Auditions are considered a legitimate excuse for school absence, parents may request permission from school authorities for their children to be excused to perform in the National Piano Playing Auditions. (A form letter is available).
4. Every year a student enters Auditions, he/she will receive the following rewards:
◦ A Membership Certificate according to classification.
◦ An NFSM Membership Pin in Bronze (Pledge, Local and District), Silver (State), or Gold (National or International). Hobbyist and Ensemble students receive a bronze pin.
◦ Analysis Chart and Report Card signed by the Guild examiner.