2016 Piano Guild Participants
Congratulations to RSM’s students that participated in the 2016 Baltimore Chapter of Piano Guild on May 18-21. Our students received Superior Plus, Superior Superior Minus, Excellent Plus and Excellent ratings:
Piano Guild Details
RSM’s is an active member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers and a Sponsor-Member of the National Fraternity of Student Musicians (NFSM). We desire to have all our piano students qualify for NFSM Membership by participating in the National Piano Guild Auditions as follows:
- National Winner and Sonatina Plaque Award (performed 15 memorized pieces): Kevin Chen
- National Winner and Founder’s Plaque Award (performed 10-12 memorized pieces): Nova Grissom
- District Winners (performed 4-6 memorized pieces): Sean Cheng, Amaya Collins, Cecilia Cuffe, Nicholas Emig, Hunter Gmahl, Samaira Hammond, Charlize Lee, Grace Lowden, Shishir Nallar, Soraya Sharif, Sydney Smith, Danielle Spence
- Local Winners (performed 2-3 memorized pieces): Madison Andresen, Jaidyn Bichell, Pranav Boreddy, Ava Choi, Sebastian Clare, Aminiah Coleman, John Dorsey, Catherine Dorsey, Hussan Fokar, Leilah Fokar, Cameron Grissom, Aiko Gulston, Sianna Raine Jean, Mighty Patel, Steven Wang, Matthew Yang, Jason Yu
- Participation in Guild Auditions in the memorized classification.
- Performance of 1 to 20 memorized pieces (and Musicianship Phases) for entry in the non- competitive Annual National Piano Playing Auditions (optional competition category).
- Each student appears before the experienced Guild examiner at the appointed time. Since Guild Auditions are considered a legitimate excuse for school absence, parents may request permission from school authorities for their children to be excused to perform in the National Piano Playing Auditions. (A form letter is available).
- Every year a student enters Auditions, he/she will receive the following rewards:
- A Membership Certificate according to classification.
- An NFSM Membership Pin in Bronze (Pledge, Local and District), Silver (State), or Gold (National or International). Hobbyist and Ensemble students receive a bronze pin.
- Analysis Chart and Report Card signed by the Guild examiner.