2019 Piano Guild Participants
Congratulations to RSM’s students that participated in the 2019 Howard County Chapter of Piano Guild. Our students received Superior Plus, Superior, Superior Minus and Excellent Plus ratings:
- State Winners (performed 7-9 memorized pieces): Nicholas Emig, Sydney Smith, Danielle Spence, Shishir Nallar
- District Winners (performed 4-6 memorized pieces): Soraya Sharif, Shravan Yoagentharan, Anisa Jackson, Nadia Walcott, Aiko Gulston, Matthew Wu, Laila Sheikh, Alexander Sleeman, Sebastian Clare, Sophia Clare
- Local Winners (performed 2-3 memorized pieces): Valentina Rosa, Taylor Jackson, Zane Bourne, Myles Walcott, Alexandra Wu, Allison Sabo, Kim Burson, Isaiah McCray, Tatyana Chasen
- Founder’s Plaque Award: Danielle Spence and Nicholas Emig
Piano Guild Details: RSM is an active member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers and a Sponsor-Member of the National Fraternity of Student Musicians (NFSM). We desire to have all our piano students qualify for NFSM Membership by participating in the National Piano Guild Auditions as follows: 1. Participation in Guild Auditions in the memorized classification. 2. Performance of 1 to 20 memorized pieces (and Musicianship Phases) for entry in the non- competitive Annual National Piano Playing Auditions (optional competition category). 3. Each student appears before the experienced Guild examiner at the appointed time. Since Guild Auditions are considered a legitimate excuse for school absence, parents may request permission from school authorities for their children to be excused to perform in the National Piano Playing Auditions. (A form letter is available). 4. Every year a student enters Auditions, he/she will receive the following rewards:
- A Membership Certificate according to classification.
- An NFSM Membership Pin in Bronze (Pledge, Local and District), Silver (State), or Gold (National or International). Hobbyist and Ensemble students receive a bronze pin.
- Analysis Chart and Report Card signed by the Guild examiner.
Trackback from your site.